Monday, May 28, 2007

Fun and Games and Church

Well, another weekend to post about... This time I was actually quite busy!


Friday night we went and saw Pirates 3 and it was very good! Afterwards we went to this Irish pub called Kelly O'Bryan's to have 2for1 appies! I tried the famous "Pachos" ... I'm hooked! They were carbo-riffic!! Tasty ... Basically they're like .... french fries ... but not... cut woven-style or something.... with cheese.... and... oh I have absolutely no idea how to describe them, other than YUM!!!


The girls we went with invited me out the next night for a girl's games night! We played Disney Trivial Pursuit (Where I realized I need to catch up on my Disney movies...) and then this hilarious game called Identity Crisis. It was awesome! I need to find it, it was a blast! It was also great hanging out with some girls, they are really fantastic and welcoming. Made me feel like part of the group. :)


Sunday morning we went to the church across the river. Seriously folks, it felt like I had stepped into a time machine... Hello 90s. We sang "The Power of Your Love". Apparently it's not always like that. I might have to give it another chance.


I know I have to go to a church more than once to get a real feel for it, but it hit me how blessed I had been (and perhaps spoiled even) going to Burnett. It really is an amazing church, not just for the services or music, but the PEOPLE! I suppose some of it could be my familiarity and comfort there, but I don't think that's all of it. Burnett is awesome. I'm sorry I wasn't there for the happy celebrations it just had. And I really hope I can find a church half as awesome as Burnett.


This week is the week I should be hearing back about the job I want. Please pray that it all works out, as I reeeeeaally need a job. The sooner the better.

Well, off to my patio to sit and read in the warm sunshine. It's supposed to get into the 30's this week!! Time to bust out the pina colada mix!

No comments: