Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Weekend in Point Form.

Ahh what a weekend. I'm glad I didn't have to work on Monday because as of last Friday I had come down with the nasty cold going through the daycare. (I thought I'd last longer than a week but apparently my immunity has worn off.) After the crazy weekend, complete with its lack of sleep, excessive dancing, and social madness, I was wiped out.

Friday:
-Off work at 3, picked up new hot dress for Saturday's wedding from mall, went home and gathered everything. Got dressed and 'hottied up' for Erin's birthday party.
- Jason came home at 4:40, jumped in the shower, and we were in the car headed for the coast by 5:10. Don't know how we did it.
- Drove straight into town and to Roosters for Erin's party. Made it in time to avoid the lineup and for the guest list to still work.
- Lots of fun and country dancing. Discovered new way to get rid of annoying drunk guys trying to dance with me. Flash 'em the bling! Erin had to talk her way out of dancing with a few guys (even with her boyfriend there), but all I had to do was flip them the finger - the ring finger on the left hand that is - and they were gone! Ah, I love being married.

Saturday:
-Woke up at 8:30. A whopping 6 hours after going to bed. Jason went to Ikea and I went on a quest to find a black shrug for my dress. Nothing like last minute shopping.
- No luck, had to stop at Haney Place on the way to the wedding to see if Bryan's had one. They DID! phew!
- Witnessed our good friends Tyler (J's best man) and Jenny tie the knot. It was beautiful and the rain even stopped for their outside ceremony. They had an open bar, and I had a delicious margarita in a "Fun Cup" (as the bride referred to them - only 3 were available!) They even had their little pug Mrs. Wiggles (Wiggy for short) come out after dinner for some dancing!) I'm so happy for them and wish them all the best!
Sunday:
- Woke up early to get to church, again after going to sleep very late. A fantastic sermon dealing with some things I had been dealing with prior to and after the move. It answered a lot of questions, and made me feel a lot better about myself. I let some people make me feel bad about my choices, when my choices were entirely God-centred. And God knows that.
- Went to lunch with my dear friend Heather, who I hadn't seen in a long while and missed terribly while she was away. Caught up and heard a bunch of her tales from afar.
- Drove home, and yet again after the toll booth entered the land of Sunshine. I like it here!

Monday:
- Had the day off work to start at second job, but had decided over the weekend to stay at this job full time, as it pays better and has many great possible opportunities coming in the future. I'm excited to see what happens. I'm very interested in continuing with schooling to get my diploma (only 6 more courses) in special needs, and then after that continuing possibly to get my bachelors (over a long while, as I would still need to work and pay as I go. EXPENSIVE) in Child and Youth Care. But that's a bit off topic.
- Very glad I stayed home, as my cold caught up with me and I needed this day to rest. I slept almost 12 hours that night, and then went for a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

I'm feeling a bit better today, but unfortunately it was a crazy, insane, every-child-off-the-wall kinda day. Very draining. We had 9 infants today, 3 of which screamed almost the whole day (it felt like a Tylenol advertisement) and most of which only had 30 min. naps. 30 MINUTES?! They usually sleep an hour at least, sometimes 2! Needless to say, it was a busy day. But I still came home loving my job. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

And we love you! It was great to see and hug you again on Sunday :-)