Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Where'd Summer Go?

It's been raining for 3 days now... What is this, the Lower Mainland?! I thought I moved to the desert. But it stopped raining for a while so I went for a glorious run! It was about an hour long, but I didn't run the whole thing. Seriously people, Kamloops is full of hills. Last summer I took up running on the dykes in Pitt Meadows (this year I guess I'd need a boat) and was able to run non-stop for anywhere between 30-45 mins. Not here. I get a good rhythm going and then suddenly I'm going uphill again! So much work!! So I alternated. But all in all, a fantastic run. And I discovered that it's much easier to run while listening to music! For some reason, my favourite stuff to listen to while running is Hillsongs. (Maybe because of all the hills here??!!) It's just so praise-filled and clappy and when they're clapping to the beat I kind of feel like a football player running onto the field through the crowd of cheerleaders. And that gives me energy. And makes me feel tough when I describe it like that. haha

Tonight we went to a couples' bible study. We've been once before, the people are really great. Tonight I found out that two of the gals there mountain bike as well! So that's pretty exciting. It was a great night filled with coffee, cookies, and chatting. And weird small world story: Some people were talking about Belize, and I mentioned to Jason that I had received an email from Kent and Marion to pray for their country... and this one guy says "Fuller??" He totally knew them from way back when! He lived there for a while, and was helping put cabinets and stuff into the mission house!! So weird.

No comments: